Friday, February 9, 2018

Surgery Option

My appointment yesterday with the optometrist was a good one. My eye that had the surgery performed last week is doing fine and the second eye isn't as bad as the first eye. The doctor gave me an option to cancel the surgery on the second eye if I cared to do so. Except for saving some money, it would only postpone the inevitable for who knows how long. I will still need to have the cataracts removed at some point down the road as they do not go away or improve on their own. Rather than delay the inevitable, I opted to keep the scheduled appointment for surgery on the second eye which will occur next week. That way, I will have two good eyes and will not have to worry about worsening conditions in one eye. So, it is all set for next week.

I received my renewal documents for our vehicle insurance for 2018. I was shocked to see a 35% increase in the premiums. I immediately called my agent and we reviewed the coverages to try and see where the increases were. They were, basically, across the board and he said that the increase was because of the area in which we live. I find that hard to believe and I told him I would be searching for options with other companies. I started getting quotes from other companies and now I have to live with the many, many phone calls and emails from the competition for awhile. No two companies quote coverage the same and it is a monumental task to equate them to each other. I think I will go back to my company and see what effect there would be by lowering the liability coverages and the coverages in other categories. I probably don't need coverage for more than the state minimums anyway. We just don't drive that much anymore.

What next?...

No comments:

Post a Comment