Friday, February 2, 2018

Surgery Day

The surgery went according to plan - their plan. I arrived on time (10 AM), went through the prep procedure, waited in the staging area and went in for my 15 minute procedure to remove cataracts from my right eye. I was awake through the entire process with anesthesia that didn't knock me out but just relaxed me to the point where I didn't feel anything and saw only bright light. The entire appointment lasted two hours.

Following the surgery, I was given instructions for the afternoon and for the next day (today) which includes a return to the office for a post-op check. I removed the bandage from the eye in the afternoon, as instructed, and fear set in. My eyesight in the right eye was now blurred, slanted and I had double vision. I was warned that this might happen but actually having the symptoms was very scary. It was tough doing much of anything the rest of the day (except putting drops in my eye) and I tried to watch the first round of the Golf Tournament - through one eye - on TV with mixed results.

I placed the protective patch over my eye before going to bed, hoping that today would be better. So far, it is. The slant has disappeared and the double vision has disappeared and I only have a slight blur plus a few floaters. It appears that I am on the right track to recovery. Thank goodness.

Josie will again take some time off from work today to take me to the follow up appointment at 1 PM. Hopefully, I will see well enough to enjoy the golf tournament on Sunday and watch the Super Bowl Sunday night...

No comments:

Post a Comment