Thursday, August 13, 2015

Productive Day

The main accomplishment yesterday was finishing the pruning and trimming of all the trees and bushes around the pool that have been growing branches that overhang the pool. It was a real challenge to get it all done before the real heat arrived by noon, but I did it. I guess it was around 100 degrees by the time I finished and I was soaking wet with perspiration as always when I work outside.

We went to the American Furinture Warehouse down the street in the afternoon and we picked up one of the carpets that we needed in our kitchen/family room area. It looks pretty good as can be seen in the photo below:


We still need a carpet (area rug) for the eating area but we will get that later. There are still "pockets" that need some attention, but for the most part, the major work is done throughout the house. One such "pocket" is the windows in the family room but Josie has some ideas on those that will be coming down the road. A lot of the enhancements that we have planned depend on the cash flow. Actually, all of the enhancements depend on that.

There was another period of "super slow" response times on our computer network this morning. We already have gone to the Verizon store to get some minor fixes for that, but this morning it is a real problem. It has taken and hour and a half to do the computer work that I normally get done in a half hour. It's for sure I won't live with that situation for very long without some improvement. I am really hanging on with Verizon until I can't take it any longer, but I also need to know that I wouldn't be jumping from the frying pan into the fire with another cell provider. These things have a way of working themselves out...

No comments:

Post a Comment