Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Audiologist Results

Since I had my hearing test a couple weeks ago, my Audiologist has been trying various solutions to help improve the quality of my hearing. The last week I was provided a loaner pair of hearing aids with the newest technology. They run $5K per pair and they were no good at all. In fact, I changed back to my current hearing aids after less than one day wearing the new ones. My appointment yesterday was to review those hearing aids and to switch to plan B which involves reprogramming my current hearing aids and trying Bluetooth technology that exists for my current set. The initial experience with the TV link and the phone link produced excellent results yesterday. I believe the investment ($325) in this technology is well worth the money and will extend the life of my current hearing aids for who knows how long. If all goes well the rest of this week, I will pop for the new Bluetooth devices. Basically, I wear a lanyard around my neck (receiver) while watching TV to direct the audio straight to my hearing aids. The phone works the same way except the calls go directly to the hearing aids and I have the best clarity that I can remember having with the telephone. This technology has existed for a long time but it is new to me.

Josie has the next two days off which will provide the time we need to prepare for our guests this Saturday. There are some minor things that need to be done to the house, but basically, we will shop for the food, snacks and drinks that we will have. It should be a great time and we are looking forward to visiting with them. It has been a couple years since we have seen them, so we have a lot to catch up on. It looks like the weather may cooperate and only go to about 105 on Saturday. That is a nice relief from the 116-118 days we had last week...


No comments:

Post a Comment