Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Hearing Test

As expected, the results of my hearing test yesterday revealed further loss of hearing, particularly in the area of word recognition. There isn't much I can do about it except to stay on top of the technology that is constantly improving and makes my hearing loss a little easier to accept. The Audiologist reviewed several options with me to help improve my hearing ability. One option is to upgrade into the latest hearing aid - not attractive because I can't afford it - and another is to explore Bluetooth technology that exists for my present hearing aids which are still excellent technology after 5 years of ownership. I was given a "loaner" pair of the new hearing aids to try for a week. The Audiologist is probably hoping that I will return next week and tell her I can't live without them. That isn't likely, at least after evaluating the first day of use with the new devices. I can't see a $5000 improvement in performance over my current hearing aids. In fact, I don't think they are better at all. We'll see.

We had a fairly violent monsoon storm yesterday. Fortunately, it didn't do any damage to us except dump a lot of leaves and debris in the pool. We'll take that kind of damage anytime. It is really the first violent storm we've had in our area this summer.

Josie has the next two days off so we expect to get some work done around the house. It is really shaping up now and we are excited to get some of the outside work done which we will concentrate on today...

No comments:

Post a Comment