Saturday, August 8, 2015

Old Appliances Sold

Craigslist came through for us. I received an email from an individual at 9 PM on Thursday evening informing me that he would phone me in the morning to set up a time to come pick up the three appliances. No questions, no conditions, nothing. Yesterday morning the individual called and said he would be at the house at noon to pick up the appliances. Still no questions. I was getting concerned that this was somehow a scam or a guy that wanted to perhaps try to pass a bad check to get the appliances for nothing. You always think the worse when things go too smoothly or happen without any hitches. Anyway, the guy showed up right on time and handed me the cash total for all three appliances, without dickering, and we loaded the appliances in his SUV and he drove off. He was the nicest individual -  it turns out that he owns 3 rental properties and he wanted these appliances for a recent purchase of a two bedroom condo that he acquired for $7500 (a total steal) that needed everything inside. He indicated that he didn't want to buy new appliances for the rental. The timing was right and the deal was a win-win. The ad was on Craigslist for 4 days before it sold.

The other main activity for the day was paying a visit - actually two visits - to the Verizon store that is in our area. Our cell coverage is very poor for being in such a high commercial area. I had to make a second visit to have them check out my 4G-LTE Hot Spot that I use for traveling and also is our lifeline for computer Internet service. We have been getting only one bar, sometimes two, and we have been dropping connections at times. The Verizon representative replaced my SIM card in the Hot Spot and said to try that for awhile to see if the reception improves. It is now three bars and very good, so I hope it continues that way. I would hate to change from Verizon as we have had great success with them all over the country, wherever we have gone, even though I have had my disagreements with them at times.

We're plodding along, anxiously awaiting the sub-100 degree days to arrive. We have a long way to go - at least two months - so we take each day at a time...

No comments:

Post a Comment