Sunday, August 30, 2015

Gate Project

I had mentioned that the HOA sent a nasty welcome letter to us requesting that we fix our utility gate on the side of the house which was in "disrepair". The letter gave two weeks to get the job done, and I finished it yesterday, one week early. I forgot to take a photo of the gate before I disassembled it to do the staining of the wood and the painting of the metal frame. But, this is what it looked like as I started the project. The first shot is of the wooden slats as I started to stain them:


I wasn't going to spend a lot of time doing any sanding or prep work on this thing as it is 1) - a utility gate, and 2) nothing that didn't look that bad to start with and this was a ridiculous request.

This second shot is of a section of the gate frame which actually did need some help. It looked pretty faded:


At any rate, I completed the job even though it took longer than I anticipated. I had to return to Lowe's to pick up more stain, Rustoleum for the gate frame and another brush to finish the job. I started at 8:30 AM and finished at 1 PM with the temperature rising to 113 for the day. I was soaking wet from sweat and completely drained physically from this project. This is a shot of the finished product and the HOA better think it's OK:


Josie got home from work at around 4 PM and we went to Macy's to pick up some bedding for our new bed. We stopped at Olive Garden for dinner while out and enjoyed their soup and salad special and a couple glasses of wine before returning home and calling it a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment