Friday, August 14, 2015

Mostly Golf

It was the start of the final major golf tournament of the year yesterday - the PGA Championship. I wanted to watch as much as I could of the opening round for several reasons. The first is that I wanted to see if Tiger Woods has regained any of his playing magic - he hasn't - and I wanted to watch the grouping of Rory McILroy, Jordan Spieth and Zach Johnson - the winners of the previous majors this year and the defending PGA Champion from last year. It was a so-so round for those guys and they barely shot par while the leaders were about 4 to 6 under par. That's ok, the second round today will begin to separate the best players.

It was 116 degrees outside yesterday and is expected to be close to that number again today. It is not the kind of weather where you want to do anything outside. So I won't. It gives me an excuse to watch the golf again today and to do some prep work for starting my new cross stitch project. Josie has a doctor's appointment early this am where she is going to get some work done on her nerve problem. The doctor will probe some areas of her leg with needles - doesn't sound like fun - to test her responses. It doesn't sound like a good way to start the day as she also has to go to work from there. She is a trooper though, so it will all turn out for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment