Saturday, August 15, 2015

Cookin'

I thought it was hot on Thursday when it hit 116 here at our house. Yesterday, it reached 118 degrees and let me tell you, that's too hot. It is difficult to go anywhere even though we have air conditioning in the vehicles. You only have to leave the vehicle for a few minutes and it becomes an oven when you return to restart the car and leave. I guess the forecast is for more of the same today.

It is a good thing that I have the golf tournament to watch during the high heat days. The PGA Championship is heating up (so to speak) as there are probably a dozen golfers within 4 shots of the lead. Jordan Spieth is one of those, and it is fun watching this young 22 year old contend once again for his third major win of the year. I hope he wins it. Tiger is destined to miss the cut again for his fourth missed major of the year. Too bad.

I got a call from Josie's shop late yesterday afternoon asking if I could come in and help with deliveries. That's the first time I was asked to do that. I don't mind as the shop is close by, and we can always use a few extra bucks. I did four deliveries in about 45 minutes. I'm sure there will be other occasions when I am asked to help out that way.

It looks like a repeat today of yesterday's activities - trying to stay cool while the temperature soars...

No comments:

Post a Comment