Saturday, August 29, 2015

Our A/C is Back

I was super frustrated in the morning yesterday when I couldn't get any answers from anybody at the warranty company on when to expect our air conditioning to be fixed. The people I spoke with all said that the equipment was targeted for delivery on Friday, yesterday, but nobody knew for sure. I was reluctantly looking ahead to spending the weekend in our oven of a house.

At 11:30 AM, I received a phone call from the service technician at Circle Mountain Cooling - the company that is doing the repair. He indicated that he had the equipment and a crew scheduled to come out to perform the installation but he was having a problem getting the proper authorization numbers from the warranty company to assure him that he would be fully reimbursed for his effort. I immediately got on the phone with the warranty company and told them I wasn't going to lose my position in the repair schedule with Circle Mountain and that they had better obtain agreement with them on the finances - now. I eventually received another call from Circle Mountain telling me they were on their way.

We have a brand new Payne PH15NB Heat Pump and it was installed and running by 1PM. It was 92 degrees in the house and the technician thought it would take about an hour to bring the temperature down to about 80. Well, it took the rest of the afternoon and I believe that is because the outside temperature was rising to 110 while it was trying to cool the inside. Anyway, we are back to normal as far as inside temperature. I am a bit concerned that it took so long to cool down, so I will chase some answers today to make sure the unit we received is properly sized for our home.

We celebrated last night by going out to dinner at The Village Inn where we both enjoyed a nice salad and pie for dessert. Maybe we can get back to our normal schedules again. I have a project to complete outside on our utility gate. The HOA has said the gate needs to be repaired (repainted) so that project sits at the top of my list right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment