Monday, July 28, 2014

Fair Winding Down

There wasn't much scheduled yesterday morning before heading to work at 3 PM. I watched the final round of the Canadian Open on TV while Josie did laundry. When we left for work shortly before 3 PM, Jim Furyk was in the lead and I see where he blew the tournament - again. He is one of the players that just can't handle the pressure of leading in a big tournament. That's OK, as it wasn't a very exciting tournament anyway. Many of the big names were absent.

The Fair is winding down and we will go to the Exhibit Hall this morning and pick up our entries. There also is a photo session this morning where all the Division Winners will have their pictures taken for next year's program. Somehow, I missed that session last year. Both of us are already beginning our planning for next year's Fair assuming that we return again for a fourth year. The way things are going at the front desk, there is concern about a return visit for the first time. There are always times when you wished you weren't working at your job, but this year we have experienced more of those occasions. We are hoping that the second half at the front desk is more fun than the first half.

I'm closing in on a milestone with the blog. Soon, I will reach my 2000th entry which is 5.5 years without missing a day. I never thought the streak would extend this far, but I enjoy creating the trail of our adventures and to have it as a reference of our travels since we hit the road almost six years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment