Friday, January 10, 2014

Loose Ends

There are some tasks that need to be completed for the new year that can become a nuisance. One of the disadvantages to moving around and having an address where we never stay is renewing registration tabs for our vehicles. I renewed the truck tabs in December, and the fifth wheel tabs are due by my birthday on the 14th. Well, it was December 14 when I sent the check to Escambia County in FL to renew the RV tags, and I have yet to even see that the check has been cashed. Sheesh. There is no way the tabs will be received in time. Wouldn't you think that one month is plenty of lead time to get something like that done? It's just another example of the disappearance of customer service and government inefficiencies. I guess I'll have to chase it down on Monday when the offices will be open again. The good news is that the RV is stationary and no one will know that the tabs are expired.

Another "annual" task is to renew memberships in organizations that require dues - like Thousand Trails, for one. They have several options for payment of your annual dues, so that will be done along with a couple other organizations that we subscribe to. I remember that during my working days I dreaded January not only because these kinds of annual dues had to be paid, but social security deductions also started up again for the new year. Paychecks shrunk while more money had to be paid out, so I guess that's still the American way. At least we have until April 15 to pay income taxes.

I received a call yesterday that my hearing aid that was sent back to the factory for warranty work is back at the Audiologist office. Josie and I will be out and about this morning as she will pick up her paycheck and I will pick up the hearing aid, along with a side trip to get groceries.

The weather looks terrific for the next several days and the winds have disappeared the last couple days. Thank goodness for that. Our exercise routine is in full swing, so added to our planned trips, it looks like a busy day...

No comments:

Post a Comment