Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Little Discoveries

Have you ever had a conversation with someone and you said "I wish I had known that"? Yesterday, a very nice gentleman came up to me while I was cleaning our grill and started a conversation about Mobile Suites. He owns a 2005 model, similar to ours, and is staying here at the resort for his 8th season. We talked about each other's fifth wheel and experiences we've had, and of course, we got around to talking about our tire blowouts that we had on the Interstate almost two years ago while traveling from Vista, CA to Jackson, WY. He also had a tire blowout a couple of years ago and that's when I said "I wish I had known that". It seems that he took a piece of the tread from his Goodyear tires (same as ours) to a Goodyear store and they not only replaced his tire, but paid for the damages to his rig. We paid to replace both tires, and have not yet repaired damages from those blowouts that will most likely run into the thousand dollar range. Of course, we will try to figure some way to get those repairs done under our insurance. Each of us said "I wish I had known that" during our conversation. It really does pay to have conversations with folks that own similar equipment.

I took another 5 mile bike ride yesterday and stopped to take a couple more shots of the mysterious, and pretty wild plant that is all along the roadside. I did some research on the wildflowers in AZ and discovered that this particular plant is called Wild Desert Globemallow. Here are the shots that I took while riding yesterday:

 

It is getting to that time of the year when wildflowers will be in bloom everywhere, and the cactus will also be in bloom. I hope we can get some good shots of those when the time comes.

The next, and hopefully final, appointment to finish the work on our fifth wheel is scheduled for Thursday at 7 AM. At that time, we hope to get the final slideout problem fixed and also have the hydraulics leak repaired. I will empty the basement before that appointment so that the tech has complete access to the work areas. That about does it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment