Sunday, January 26, 2014

Arrowhead Mall

It was a busy morning for us yesterday that involved taking care of some business which didn't give us time to prepare for our bike ride. So, we decided to take a trip to the Arrrowhead Mall in Glendale where we haven't been in about a year. I wanted to look at getting a new Seahawks hat, and the mall has several sporting goods stores that carry a good selection. I looked online to buy one, but wasn't sure about my hat size. I have a couple of those in storage, but they are all the old type hats that I bought years ago when Chuck Knox was the coach and Jim Zorn was the quarterback - pretty old.

I saw several different hats that were very nice but I wasn't going to pay $40 for one. They had the Super Bowl Logo on them, but that is still a rip-off for a hat. I decided to look online when I got home and discovered that the going price for that hat - everywhere - is $40.

On the way home from the mall we passed a couple of hot air balloons that were just starting to prepare for a flight. It takes a while to inflate them, and we were able to get some good shots as they were going through this process. This first one is taken as we pulled over to watch:


After about ten minutes or so, they were upright and just about ready for lift-off:



Notice the glider that happened to have flown by at the same time.

They lifted off about a minute apart. Here's the first:


and then the other:


It was a perfect day for flying, and this final shot shows the two of them rising and floating to their destination:


Since we were not able to do our bike ride yesterday, we will try again today. We want to get out early - at about 10 AM - so that we can get back at a decent time to enjoy Josie's last day off this weekend. I hope we can make it happen this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment