Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yep, Forecast Right

Everything we've been listening to about the frigid cold front has happened. It is 28 outside this morning and it may still go lower before it begins to heat up for the day. We are expecting even colder temps tonight and tomorrow morning so we will settle in for the next few days and not do much outside. In fact, we stayed home all of yesterday and along with some reading and TV, we had a peaceful day in the rig.

I received notice from my doctor's office regarding results of my blood work. My cholesterol was elevated and I was lacking vitamin D in the results. I was not surprised at all by the results since they are normal readings for someone just beginning the Atkins Diet. With the change to a heavy fat content in my food, cholesterol is expected to rise until my body adjusts to the new fat burning mode. My doctor prescribed some cholesterol medication which I will take anyway, and also suggested I pick up a Vitamin B supplement pill. Other than that, my levels are normal. That's good news for my upcoming 70th anniversary of life on Monday.

The next few days will be quiet ones as we ride out the cold spell. It will be Tuesday before any warmer temps arrive so we are preparing ourselves for less outside activity until then. We left the water dripping from the faucet last night so that the hose didn't freeze, and that appears to have been a good strategy as we had normal water flow this morning. I think it has to be below freezing for more hours anyway before any of those side effects happen. I hope everybody stays warm, wherever they are...

No comments:

Post a Comment