Saturday, January 5, 2013

Truck Service

The appointment for truck service yesterday was at 8 AM and I arrived at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix right on time. This dealership is the one where I originally purchased the truck and I wanted to try one last time to get some consideration for my radiator replacement. Of course, nobody cares, especially since I already had the work done and spent the money. The work I was having performed was minor - oil change and wiper system check. My windshield washer has not been working and I wasn't sure what the problem could be. Anyway, the work was done and I was on my way by 10 AM.

I received new headphones for Christmas and tried them with my iPod at the fitness center while on the treadmill. They are the Sennheiser HD280 pro model and I got them to use with my behind the ears hearing aids. They completely cover the ear and provide an amazing sound. It was a very good choice. I had been using an old set of Sony headphones but the ear pad only covered the ear opening and not the microphones which are on the behind the ear portion of the hearing aids.

Part of our weight loss plan is to use proven (for us) diet plans, or new ones that are different, but effective. The one that works best for me is the Atkins diet, which I start following the two day Hollywood Diet. It is suppose to "cleanse" your system and prepare you for other, long term weight loss programs. I lost 50 lbs about 10 years ago using this combination, so I'm ready to give it another shot. Josie is trying a different program - the Sonoma Diet. This is a new experience for her and it sounds like a good plan. It's a real shame that the weight takes so much longer to lose than to gain. We are prepared to do several months - or longer - on these plans to achieve our goals. The goals will remain a secret for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment