Friday, January 18, 2013

Colonoscopy Done

In order to make sure we would arrive in Phoenix on time for my Colonoscopy, we left here shortly before 7 AM. The traffic still backs up on US 101 early in the AM so it still took us almost an hour to travel to the Clinic. My system was totally cleansed and I was ready. Check-in went smoothly, and I was in the room ready for the procedure 5 minutes before my 9 AM scheduled time. It was probably the smoothest Colonoscopy I've had as I was out of the room and waiting to be released at 9:15 AM. The Doctor came in and reviewed the procedure and indicated that everything looked fine, except for a Diverticulosis spot on the left side of the intestine that is of no concern at this point. He took biopsies of polyps and was certain that they would show no cancer and that I was good to go for another couple years. I will get the official results in about a week.

We left the Clinic and headed for the Village Inn in Surprise to get some breakfast. That was the first time since we arrived here that we ate at the Village which was always our favorite breakfast restaurant. It still is. We both had a terrific breakfast and the place still packs them in on a daily basis. We talked to one of the employees about the many closings of Village Inn's across the country and she indicated that this particular location was the number 2 Village Inn in their chain. Only one in Illinois does more business. Most of the one's that were closed down were a result of being too close in proximity to another Village Inn.

The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and recovering from my procedure. We have missed several days now of our routine at the fitness center, so we hope to back to that schedule today...



No comments:

Post a Comment