Saturday, January 19, 2013

New Eyeglasses

Back in December, right after Christmas, I went to the Optometrist for an eye exam and to get a prescription for glasses. We then went to Costco where I selected and purchased a pair of glasses that they told me would take about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks to be ready for pickup. Yesterday was 3 weeks from the order date and I still hadn't received an email they promised to send when they arrived in the store. I called the store yesterday afternoon after having not heard any status and they told me they arrived on January 5! Thanks for letting me know they arrived. Anyway, we went to the store and picked them up in the afternoon. They couldn't explain why they neglected to let me know they were in and it was a good thing I called when I did.

These glasses have progressive lenses which mean they are almost like bifocals except they don't have the line separating the regular lens from the reading lens. It is going to take some time to get used to these but they replace the two pairs of glasses I've had to carry around.

We got back to our routine at the fitness center and we could tell that it's been several days since the last visit. It was a lot more tiring walking the 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday. We are also totally back on our diets since our short trip to Laughlin. We both did great trying to stay on them, but when you eat in restaurants it is especially tough to eat just the right things. The cleansing I had to do for my Colonoscopy helped me to stay even with my weight, and Josie only gained back a pound.

I haven't heard from Patty but they are suppose to be at Western Michigan University this weekend with Austin to tour the campus and meet with the coaches. They also had a visit during last week from a coach from the University of Dayton who is also interested in recruiting Austin. He is getting close to receiving the offers he deserves...

No comments:

Post a Comment