Thursday, December 6, 2018

Wow! Ownership Faux Pas

First of all, I have a few comments on the beautiful and touching ceremony yesterday at the Washington Cathedral for George H W Bush. I couldn't help thinking that President Trump and Melania felt totally out of place and unwelcomed at that service. Unfortunately, none of the kind words spoken about George H W Bush would ever apply to him. He must have sat there feeling like there was not the bond between himself and the world that was felt with the late president. Words like: sincere, loving, honest, caring, decent, understanding, compassionate, great husband, great father, and healer are not in his vocabulary, nor in his DNA. What a sad contrast. I'm sure I won't be around for his funeral, but I would bet that it will be a small, private affair attended only by his children.

I believe that the ownership of the Arizona Diamondbacks are the same group that is controlling the Cardinals. They just traded their franchise player away for practically nothing. They are headed in the same direction as the Cardinals by letting their top players go. You know, I find it difficult to understand why other, successful, franchises don't go through the cellar dwelling phase. Teams like the New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, New York Yankees are never in the basement of their respective divisions. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like the beginning of a rebuild for the Diamondbacks.

I think that is enough of a rant for today.

I get the final repair done on our new truck today with a new mirror on the driver side. Josie has to begin her prep for her Colonoscopy which is scheduled for tomorrow, and we are expecting the delivery of our new "frig" between 2 PM and 6 PM today. It will be a busy day, for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment