Thursday, December 20, 2018

Big Travel Day

We are so thankful that we don't have to fight the airport crowds today and tomorrow. While watching the clips on TV from some of the airports, it is going to be a long, long day for many travelers. We went through a similar experience at Thanksgiving, but believe the Christmas travelers win first prize. The end of the day is worth the effort for most folks. There is nothing like being with family for Christmas and, hopefully, next year we will have all our families together for the first time in many years. We are looking forward to that.

I have one last gift to buy today and we will be ready. I lost track of the days and need to get out this morning to finish up.

I received word yesterday that the mirror for my truck is expected to arrive at the dealership tomorrow. What an unexpected headache that turned out to be. I had no idea that the side mirrors on the Ford F series trucks were so different in each model and expensive and hard to find. My understanding is that the model for my truck runs $1300 - each! So glad that I don't have to pop for that fix. I will admit that these mirrors do a lot of extra things - retractable, folding, adjustable, telescoping, etc. The question I have is why they need so many different models to do the same thing. Oh, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment