Monday, December 10, 2018

Annual Fruitcake

Every year, I have to buy one of the Christmas fruitcakes from Costco. I know that they re super fattening and sweet, but there are none better anywhere that I have seen. The Costco fruitcake is a special one that, no matter what else you decide to give up for a diet, this is a standard that cannot be missed. Besides, you can always freeze part of it so that you don't pig-out and eat all of it for Christmas. Yesterday was the special trip to Costco to pick up the fruitcake for this year.

Okay, I have a confession to make. This is actually our second Costco fruitcake for this year. We bought one a couple weeks ago when they first hit the shelves and it is all gone. We just had to make sure that we had some to eat right up to Christmas. They last a lot longer when you only take a very small piece each time. Yum.

Josie started making Christmas cookies yesterday so forget any chance of losing weight for the rest of this year.

My annual physical is scheduled for Wednesday, so I hope all goes well with that appointment. I have no major complaints, so I expect no problems.

I was sorry that the Cardinals lost their game yesterday against the Detroit Lions (17-3), but it was not a surprise. There were other great games during the day (congratulations to the Bears) and the big one for me is tonight with the Seahawks/Vikings. Go Seahawks!...

No comments:

Post a Comment