Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Taking Care of Small Stuff

We have an evaporator cooler (swamp cooler) in the den where my desk is located and where the laundry room is located. It is useless. I purchased a small room air conditioner to replace the swamp cooler and I spent a good part of the day yesterday trying to locate someone who could do the swap-out. If you can believe it,  refrigeration companies won't touch it unless it is a full A/C that is replacing the swamp cooler. I finally found a handyman that would do the job and he is expected out to the house this afternoon to give an estimate. Maybe soon I will be able to work in my den on these hot afternoons.

We also went to Home Depot to exchange our hummingbird feeder for one that will not attract the large birds. We found one with no perches and with no place for larger birds to land on the feeder - except on the very top.  So far this morning it appears to be doing the job. Here is a shot of the new feeder:


I also discovered this morning that the water pressure on our sprinkler system was low. I found a break in the pipe on the side of the house where the water was streaming out so I shut that off until we can get our landscaper out to repair the pipe. I am not totally satisfied with the quality of work so far from this landscaper, so we may have to make another switch to a third landscaper soon.

We are still moving boxes in from the garage at a very slow rate. There is no end in sight for that project...


No comments:

Post a Comment