Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A Day with AT&T

As you know, we switched our telephone carrier from Verizon to AT&T to get a substantial discount on our combined phone/TV services. We are still trying to finalize access to one of the features we (I) need to gain the best utilization of the phones.

I had what was called Voicemail Text with Verizon and we spent a good portion of yesterday dealing with reps at the AT&T store to install a similar feature. It seems that there is a conflict between the stores and their own corporate support group. One says the feature is available and the other says it isn't. We do not have the feature installed and expect to get resolution today. It isn't so important for Josie, but I depend on the voicemail text to make up for my hearing deficiency when I get voicemails. It sure makes it a lot easier to understand messages.

We had not planned on wasting much of the day on that issue. I did drop off a urine sample at the doctor's office to complete treatment and analysis of the dehydration that I suffered last week. I have one more appointment - on Thursday - to close out that experience. Josie had a haircut to get prepared for her return to work tomorrow and that about sums up the day for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment