Saturday, June 30, 2018

Cool Now

The caulking is complete now around the new air conditioner - both inside and out. The next step for that project, and the last one, is to paint around the entire unit. That will occur sometime later. I will say that it is quite a difference now working in the cool den with the high heat outside. I don't have to leave the room at noon now to escape the rising temperatures. The previous owner hardly used this area of the house except that the washer and dryer are here and he did have a desk, of sorts, that he rarely used and is replaced by my own office equipment. I love sitting and working at my desk and watching the golfers go through outside. Of course, the birds and the rabbits are also entertaining to watch.

We will probably do some shopping today as Josie has her first day off for the holiday weekend. She works only on Monday and has the rest of the time off until next Thursday. There are some adjustments we will make in the bedrooms over the next several days and I will hang the TV's permanently on the wall in two of the rooms.

I spent some time in the garage yesterday AM going through a huge box of my hats collection. There are a couple hundred of them that I've accumulated over the years and many of them can be eliminated. I found the ones that were autographed by Arnold Palmer, Johnny Miller and Fred Couples, and they are the most important ones. A lot of memories returned during that exercise...

No comments:

Post a Comment