Friday, December 8, 2017

Wildfires the Big Story

It is absolutely incredible watching the wildfires spread in southern California. Those firefighters are helpless in preventing any spread with the relentless winds gusting to over 50 mph. I heard this morning that over 500 buildings have been destroyed and that 23,000 homes are threatened. There are now six fires that are being fought. I don't think there is any relief from the winds in the forecast before late today or tomorrow. At least the winds have died down this morning in our area. God be with those folks in southern California.

I had my bloodwork done yesterday AM in preparation for my physical exam on Monday. I arrived at about 8:10 AM at the office (Lab) and there were already six people ahead of me. You really need to get there before 8 AM, as I know from the past. It took almost 1.5 hours before I had my turn and to get back on the road to home. The only complaint I have going into my physical is a pain in my left arm that I have had since I got my flu shot almost two months ago. I believe that one of the side affects from the shot is muscle ache where the injection was made, but this seems like an unusual amount of time to have that reaction. I guess I'll find out on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment