Saturday, December 9, 2017

Cold Like Jackson

It is 32 degrees outside as I write this entry - pretty similar to Jackson when we left the first part of October. The difference is that we don't have any snow and we are grateful for that. Not too long ago I was complaining that summer just wouldn't let go here in the Phoenix area. It has let go with a vengeance. I guess I won't complain anymore.

I took another drive-by yesterday of a home in New River that just had a $10K price reduction and looked promising. It sits on a couple acres on top of a hill with gorgeous views all around. The problem that I saw - and it is a big one - is that the dirt road you need to take to get there is fairly steep and there are no alternate routes. That would not work for our big fifth wheel. The area though, is very nice and I caught this big doe walking along with her two fawns as I was leaving the house:


The second fawn is not in view, but you can see that it is a nice area. There are lots of saguaros and cactus growing here that make the land more valuable. The views aren't bad either. There were several nice lots available in the area (down from the steep hill) which may also be another option for us. New River has many vacant lots in the 1 to 5 acre range, that are affordable. We will do more research on those.

I spoke with our property manager yesterday about the schedule for the house activities. It will be busy from about the 20th of December through the first couple weeks in January. We are ready for the effort to begin and hope it all goes smoothly...

No comments:

Post a Comment