Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Computer Equipment Returned

My new Western Digital Personal Cloud and the new ASUS router that I bought about two weeks ago were both returned yesterday. After spending hours and hours trying to get them to work the way I anticipated, I decided to return them and get my money back. I could not set up the network where I could get automatic backups of everything on my computer and smartphone to enable remote access anywhere I go. The only thing I didn't try was calling tech support and I refused to do that. The reasons were: #1- If it doesn't work out of the box using the supplied directions, it isn't worth the money or the effort. #2- I have real problems on the telephone understanding conversations, especially technically oriented conversations.

I packed up the router and took it to the UPS store for return to Amazon, and I packed up the Personal Cloud and took it to Target for a cash refund. I have removed that nightmare from my life. I will continue to operate my computer setup as usual. Maybe someday I will attempt to set up the network as I wanted when vendors simplify the installation procedures, or I can grab a computer "Wiz" to help with the installation.

We signed our offer letters from Cody and sent them to the Buffalo Bill Village. Everything is now on track to begin work around May 15 in Cody. Josie will work in the shop the Monday following Mother's Day and we will leave on Tuesday, May 10. Hopefully, we will arrive in Cody by May 12-13 so that we can have a day or so to acclimate to our new surroundings...

No comments:

Post a Comment