Sunday, April 17, 2016

Backup Errors

Almost the entire day for me - while Josie was at work - was spent (wasted) trying to get my computer backup to work. I have not attempted a backup for a long time which is a no-no. It is important for everybody to have a regular backup schedule for their computer data in case of hard drive failures which are inevitable. I use a Seagate 2 TB hard drive and I cannot get a complete backup without getting an I/O error. I spent the day researching the error code - which, as it turns out, is a common error - and trying various fixes that were suggested and nothing works. It is very frustrating.

I bought a Personal Cloud device last week and also a Router to be able to set up a home network which could contain all of our files and pictures which would be accessible from anywhere. That would also provide the backup capability I need along with being able to download all of our Smartphone data.. I couldn't get that to work last week either. I think I should have switched to an Apple platform years ago and ditched my Microsoft computers at that time. Not to say that I wouldn't have these problems with a MAC computer, but I think they are much more stable. The reason I never went to one was because of the huge investment I have in Microsoft data and programs. I understand that in today's computer world, that is not a problem. Too late for me. I'll continue to try other suggested solutions.

We are getting excited to return to Cody this summer. There is so much to do and, like Jackson, is situated in some beautiful country. There's only about three more weeks before we head out again...

No comments:

Post a Comment