Monday, July 29, 2013

Battery and Boot Barn

We purchased a pedometer last year when we started hiking as a regular activity. The battery finally went dead and had to replace it before we could use it again - actually, Josie has been wearing it when she walks and hikes. It's one of those small, flat disc batteries that are about the size of a nickel. There is a Radio Shack across the street from us, so we went there in the morning to buy one. Of course, being Sunday, the store was closed. Next door to Radio Shack is a Pharmacy - Stones Drugs - that had the battery and we talked to the manager on duty (Carol) for quite awhile before heading out to go to the Boot Barn, which is in the same strip mall and a favorite place for us to browse.

One thing that I don't believe was mentioned previously was the fact we dropped off a pair of Josie's Minnetonka sandals at the Boot Barn shortly after we arrived in May. She purchased them last year at this store and we took them back because there was unusual wear on the soul. At that time, the store clerk indicated that the company would probably replace the shoes with either new ones or a credit towards another pair. That was 2 months ago, and we are miffed that nothing has been done and that we haven't even heard about the status. They promised to have someone get back to us by Tuesday with an update. The net of our visit to the store was that I purchased a shirt and we then left to go home.

It has been a bad week for weather and we once again had cool temperatures and rain. The low was 42 this morning and we have had measurable rain on each of the last three days. The weather must have something to do with the extraordinary number of "cranky" guests at the lodge. Last night was almost a joke with all the complaints from people, like: why can't I have a room on the first floor - I can't climb stairs, why can' I have a room on the first floor - I don't want people over top of me, why can't I have a room on the courtyard to be near the pool, why can't I have room on the outside where I can park in front of my door, etc. It seemed like nothing we did could satisfy them. Then, we had the usual "I need more towels", or "I need more shampoo", or " why isn't there a coffee maker in my room", etc. You wouldn't believe some of the complaints we get. I guess it's all in a days work.

Today is the end of the County Fair and we will go to the exhibit hall and pick up my cross stitch and my prize. I believe I get  the $25 prize money at the same time. We'll find out. Then, it's another afternoon and night at the front desk. Maybe it will be a night filled with happy and contented guests...

No comments:

Post a Comment