Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Dealing With Computer Problem

My frustration level with Microsoft software took another leap yesterday. I had been plagued with a problem with my email account and finally I couldn't sign on yesterday after work. I received a message that my email account had been blocked as there were obvious messages that indicated it had been hacked by someone. I spent over 3 hours trying to unblock my account. I found mostly references on line to people spending up to $159 with Microsoft to have them fix the problem. I finally found a way to fix it through use of a second email account I have - bob.reed43@gmail.com - that I established a couple years ago when I was frustrated with Hotmail over a different problem. I would totally change over to the new email account if it weren't for the hundreds of places that use my email account to contact me and some of which I would never remember to notify of a new address. I know that this problem could occur with any platform, but I have been threatening to go with the Apple platform for a long time over other problems with different MS software and this may be the push that I needed. I had to provide all kinds of proprietary information in order for the Hotmail group to verify that this was, indeed, my account and they unblocked it - following the final step of resetting my password.

Another problem I had with the computer yesterday was when I tried to back up the computer following the email fix. The backup failed because of an error that occurred during the night. Sheesh. Now I have to try that procedure again - probably while I'm at work this afternoon and tonight.

Two more days before we can "play" again. We're lining up at least one more hike to an area in the Tetons that looks pretty good. There are many small lakes at the base of these mountains that have trails around them and provide easy access to some beautiful country within the Park. It's a new and different way for us to discover a new area. There's no way we could accomplish the same satisfaction by just driving to these areas. As our stamina increases, we will begin to take longer hikes and maybe even more strenuous ones. In the meantime, we will enjoy them at the pace we have set so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment