Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Surprisingly Slow day

As it turned out yesterday, the Spring Training game between the Braves and Houston Astros was the only event scheduled for the day. A First. As a result of the single event, we stood around and did basically nothing from our start time of 8:30AM until the people started arriving at 11AM for the game which started at 1:05PM. We worked (parking) for probably 2 1/2 hours, then took a long break until the game reached the bottom of the 6th inning. At that time, around 3:00, we went out to take positions for the end of the game which didn't occur until 4 PM. We were done by 4:30 and went into the break room to wait until check-out time at 5PM. It was easily the slowest day I've worked since I started. Normally, there will be other events so that the parking crew doesn't stand around so much. As you recall on Saturday, I worked non-stop directing traffic and parking people all day long because we had so many things going on. It evens out, I guess. I'm off now until Friday.

I forgot to mention in yesterday's entry about the Egrets that were flying into the field behind us while the cattle were grazing. These birds would stand on the backs of the cows while they grazed and walked around the field:



There are 2 of these in second shot - the one on the left and one that is on the cow in the distance on the right. The other Egrets would walk alongside the cows like they were waiting for a handout. Strange.

It is raining this morning - .27" so far - so it looks like a day for inside stuff. I do have an appointment to go to a Dermatologist at 1 PM to have some growths checked out on my back that have been bothering me for some time. If possible, I'll get them removed and be done with it. They are like moles or warts, but have been driving me crazy itching all the time. Must be an old age problem...

No comments:

Post a Comment