Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lazy Days of Spring

As mentioned yesterday, the wind was blowing and we were waiting to see how the weather was developing before going anywhere. It blew steadily until early afternoon so it killed any chances of a trip. It became a lazy day of sitting around and resting. Josie did go out to take advantage of some sales on makeup at CVS down the road, but that was it. My afternoon was spent watching the Doral golf tournament on TV, where the wind has been creating some challenges for the golfers.

I decided that working on Wednesday, the day before our departure, would be cutting it too close for returning my uniforms to Disney and doing all the other things necessary to move on, so I will try to give up that day. I can find another person at work today to assume that work day - I hope. The way it works is that you have to find someone to take your shift or you get negative marks on your record. I may need a spotless record to either transfer to Disneyland next year, or return here in the future, so I'll follow the rules. That also means that today and tomorrow will be my last days working here. I work in guest services today and parking tomorrow, and both days are long ones - 9.5 hours today and 9 hours tomorrow. I'll be ready for a couple days off starting Monday.

One observation we made over the last couple days was the number of folks staying here that have multiple dogs. It seems like everybody around us has at least 2 dogs, and some have up to 4. We can't imagine how they keep their rigs odorless, let alone travel with them. We have to give them all credit though. It seems like they all pick up after each animal as he does his business. We often think it would be nice to have another dog, but when we see what people do - in all kinds of weather, and all times of the day and night - it causes us to rethink the idea.

With that, we'll close so that I can get ready for my next to last work day...

No comments:

Post a Comment