Monday, March 14, 2011

Fairwell to DWWS

The final day of working at Disney's Wide World of Sports was a very busy one. There was another Braves game (against the Houston Astros) and several events that carried over from Saturday. That made for constant traffic and parking activity. The shots below were the only 2 that I took but they show how the parking, at least in my area, went from lots of space to nothing:



The first shot is of the large field next to the main (paved) parking lot which had already been filled. The second shot is of the fringe area directly behind my location that we had to use to squeeze in more vehicles, after we totally filled the area in the first picture. You can also see that we had cars parked in the median on the road directly behind the vehicles above. We were so busy, that I had to work, non-stop, from 8:30 AM until after 1:30 PM without a break. That's the longest I've had to go without a break since I started working there. They made up for that long period with a 1 1/2 hour lunch break. Our next big push came after the Braves game - which they won 8-0, for their 2nd consecutive shutout - and I finished up, directing traffic, at one of our exits.

It was a great experience working here, and one that I will always remember. The only thing that would have made it better was if Josie was also working here. She has been very bored and is probably more ready to move on than I am. We will leave on Thursday AM, stay near West Palm Beach on Thursday night, and arrive at Big Pine Key on Friday.

Since I was able to find someone to take my shift on Wednesday, I will be able to return all my uniforms today. That, plus getting started on last minute errands will probably fill our day today. We will still be able to visit at least one more of the theme parks before we leave, but right now don't know which one it will be. Stay tuned for that decision...

No comments:

Post a Comment