Sunday, March 6, 2011

Working A Soccer Game

My only duty last night was as an usher (along with 5 others) at the pro soccer game on one of the many fields in the complex. It was a pre season game between the Orlando City Lions and a Swedish pro team - H B Hacken. The game was a good one to watch - won by the Swedish team, 3-2, and an even better event to work. I was sorry that I didn't have my camera with me as my location was between the 2 teams' bench and I enjoyed all the close-up action during the game. Since the game finished early - at 9 PM - and we were scheduled to work until 10:30, they let all of us go early at 9:30. Of course, we didn't get paid for the hour we didn't work.

The turtle that we saw a couple weeks ago has returned in the field behind our rig. Actually, he was caught digging this hole behind a site close to ours and we saw the dirt flying out of the hole which is how we saw him:


We're not sure if he (or she) is digging this hole as a place to live, or as a place to lay eggs. We'll have to wait and see.

I picked up my schedule for the week that we are leaving - March 13-19. Just as I suspected, they have me working 4 days that week and would probably have me scheduled for at least 4 days each week until my scheduled departure on April 2nd. We figured that, even with just me working 4 days a week until then, it still doesn't pay for us to stay. We would have to pay for the week we had to stay out of Thousand Trails at Sherwood Forest, and it wouldn't pay us to stay for that period of time. Especially since we've been told that both of us can start working on Monday, March 21st, at the new location.

We are trying to schedule trips to the Disney Parks before we leave in order to take advantage of the free passes. If the weather doesn't improve soon, it may be difficult to hit all the places we want to see. We're due to have some beautiful weather return, so I'm sure it will work out. Josie is going to contact her sister to see if they would like to go to Disney World with us, since they've never been there and it wouldn't cost anything, except for food, which I also can get at a discount. One place we haven't been and will try to go very soon, is Animal Kingdom. Maybe we can get there today or tomorrow. The other place we are anxious to see is the Hollywood Studios, so we have some fun time ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment