Saturday, March 5, 2011

Unusual Day Work and Weather Wise

The last 4 days have been windy (averaging 17 MPH), cool (mid to high 70's), and wet (total of nearly 1" of rain). Yesterday was especially unusual in that it was mostly sunny, but we had occasional clouds pass over that dumped lots of rain for a short time. That's what happened at work. I took my rain gear and jacket but left both in the car since it was nice when I started work at 4 PM. It dumped heavy rain for about 5 minutes, right at 6 PM while standing at my parking station. Our parking coordinator came by in his cart, picked me up along with the other worker up the road from me, and took us to our parked vehicles to get our rain gear. Of course, it didn't rain for the rest of the night.

There were only 3 people assigned parking duty last night for the whole complex. With a total of 7 events scheduled for the day, it seemed like we would be overwhelmed. Most of the events were winding down when we started and there really were only a couple that we needed to be concerned about. The Friday Night Fights were scheduled to start at 8 PM, and there were a couple dance competitions and pre-marathon functions to be concerned about. It turns out, the fights were not promoted well enough and several were canceled because they didn't sell enough advance tickets. The traffic flow was very light the whole night. In fact, my attention was spent more on watching an Armadillo that was digging for food on a nearby embankment near the pond next to my work assignment. He was there for at least 2 hours and provided lots of entertainment on an otherwise boring night. I was surprised to see these in this area. This is the second one I've seen since I started working here, so they are fairly common.

The other fact that I discovered last night was relating to another benefit that we get while employed by Disney. While talking to a co-worker last night during break, he pointed out that we can play any of the Disney Golf Courses for $32.50, where they normally cost up to $150! Not only that, I can bring up to 3 guests at the same price and it includes a cart. Where are George, Cot and Brian when I need them?

It's nasty outside once again today. I start working at 4:30 and work until 10:30 tonight. I'll be better prepared this time. We're looking forward to visiting some of the parks before we leave, so we probably will do that next week. Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment