Monday, April 14, 2014

Consolidating

We got almost all of the sorting and consolidating done yesterday. The first order of business was to install the canvas shoe rack we bought from the couple in Mesa which was easy:



We then started with under the bed storage and got a little sidetracked as I discovered that the bed frame was beginning to separate from the slide frame:


There were a couple screws missing and several that were very loose. I tightened everything and did the best I could with replacing the missing screws. I suspect that this has probably led to some of the problems we've had recently with the bedroom slide. I plan to send the picture and a description of our recent problems to Doubletree RV who manufactured our rig. They have a very responsive service department and I hope to get some suggestions from them about how to proceed with fixing the problem of the slide not opening completely.

We completed the consolidation of our closet space, under bed storage and the outside shed. This created several containers that needed to be taken to our main storage unit in Surprise. It was around 3:30 by the time everything was done so I could then watch the conclusion of the Masters Tournament. I was happy to see Bubba Watson win the tournament for the second time in the last three years.

There is now less than one month before we hit the road again for Jackson. There are still some things we need to get done, including another doctor appointment for Josie, and time is running out. When the end of April rolls around, I think Josie will be working most days for the rest of the way, and probably some long hours the last week. I will drive for the shop the final few days before Mother's Day, so we definitely need to wrap up things before the end of April...

No comments:

Post a Comment