Thursday, August 22, 2013

Going to Idaho Falls

Since the chances for nice weather are not good for today and tomorrow, we scheduled a trip to Idaho Falls and an appointment for me at the Eastern Idaho Foot Clinic. I have been nursing a fungus infection on my toes for several months with over-the-counter medication and it hasn't improved. There are no Podiatrists in Jackson, and the nearest "Foot" Doctor is Idaho Falls, so today is as good a time as any to get some professional advice and care. We will also combine the trip with a visit to Joann's and Michael's so Josie can pick up some yarn and crochet supplies. Sam's Club will also be on the agenda, so today will be a very busy day.

I also realized yesterday how small this world really has become. I graduated in the final class from Ambler High School in PA back in 1960 - yea, I'm that old - when the population was less than 5,000 people. It is now about 6500 people and is a very small city by today's standards. Within the last two days I have met two people who are from Ambler. The manager at the Cutty's Bar and Grill where we had lunch on Tuesday, and a couple that was on the Caravan bus tour yesterday are from Ambler. It was a thrill to hear about all the changes in that town since I left in the early 60's and to hear about familiar haunts from those days in Ambler. Josie and I got the urge to revisit that part of the country again and also to visit her old territory in New Jersey. Maybe we can plan to go through that area in the next year or so.

It's hard to believe that it's going to rain today by looking outside this morning. The sun is shining and there aren't many clouds but the weather can change rapidly here. My appointment today is at 2 PM, so we will get ready to leave by 9:30 so that we get everything done...

No comments:

Post a Comment