Thursday, December 13, 2012

Time Apart

It has been almost 2 years since our days have been spent apart. That's when I worked at Disney World in Orlando while Josie took care of the rig. In some ways it is good - absence makes the heart grow fonder - and in other ways it's not fun - doing chores I don't usually do. It's only for the next 11 days or so so it's not too bad.

Josie's first day back in the floral business was fine. She got back into the swing of things quickly and spent most of the day "greening" containers to be ready for Christmas floral pieces when they receive the orders. She also brought a form home for me to fill out to help as a delivery driver as we get closer to Christmas. It's been a while since I've done that but it's not too difficult and it is good for a little extra money. It's a bit different in the design center as there aren't the customers coming in and out and there is very little contact with anybody outside.

My day was spent going to the post office to begin our mailings to family and a stop at Home Depot and an auto parts store to try to get a commercial grade of double sided tape. When my windshield was replaced on the truck, the tape that was used to attach my spare tank fuel gauge to the windshield wasn't holding very well. I found some good tape, and it appears to be OK for now. I also did more work on transferring and fine tuning data on my new computer and that about sums up my day.

We get to do it all again today...

No comments:

Post a Comment