Sunday, December 9, 2012

Garage Sale

Every year, Happy Trails conducts a garage sale at the beginning of December and once again in March. People place all the items they would like to sell along the curb for residents to see and buy. Well, yesterday was the day. Carole has been trying to empty the shed on the space we are renting and yesterday was her attempt to try and sell everything that was remaining. I went to pick up my computer in the morning and I took this shot of Carole - with Josie's moral support - as I returned from the FedEx facility:


She didn't have a lot of success in selling what was left of Dick's workshop in the shed, so she just took what was remaining to her rented villa to donate to a charity somewhere. At any rate, we have the full use of the shed now and it enabled us to unload the boxes we brought over in the Jeep from our storage for sorting and shredding. That is a project I will take on when Josie starts work on Wednesday.

My new computer is everything I wanted it to be - so far. Windows 7 is almost a seamless upgrade from my old Windows Vista system. I have already moved the major applications over and the rest, hopefully, will be done today. I can see a great improvement in response times and downloading speeds and I like the new features that are in Windows 7. The Beats Audio is tremendous and the screen resolution is a lot closer to HD (High Definition)  than my last computer screen. With this kind of improvement, it will be a long time before I switch to another platform. I prefer the keyboard and mouse to trying to use a touch screen designed system with the keyboard/mouse combination.

We also heard from the General Manager, ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment about working the Spring Training games at Surprise Stadium in March. We will meet with him following Christmas to discuss opportunities and, hopefully, get placed in a job for that time period. That will end our working commitments for this winter season and we will be leaving on April 1 for a return trip to Wyoming for the summer.

Since we brought all of our RV Christmas decorations over from the storage unit, we will spend most of the day today getting into the Christmas spirit that comes with decorating and listening to Christmas music. Tis the season to be jolly...


No comments:

Post a Comment