Sunday, December 23, 2012

Day Two of Deliveries

Yesterday was a much slower day as far as deliveries for the flower shop. I went into the shop at 9:30 AM and only took a total of 13 deliveries in two runs to Sun City. I was home again by 1:30 PM. This is the calm before the storm though, as Monday, Christmas Eve, will be the big day for deliveries. Josie said they are keeping up with the orders and they expect to be "slammed" on Christmas Eve Day. We both will probably be going full steam on Monday so that we can relax on Christmas Day.

I will have the day off today so I expect to probably do some last minute shopping since this will be my last full day at home before Christmas. I also need to do some research on local church services so that we can have a time and location ready for Christmas Eve. We most likely will return to our church in Sun City Grand where we attended services while residents there. There is also a new Lutheran church on Bell Rd, not far from us, that we may try.

Just a note on something I have never seen before for the Christmas season. While delivering yesterday, one of the homes I delivered to had a wonderful decoration. It was a Santa Clause face, about 8 inches high, attached to the wall next to her door, that had a motion sensor. When I went to the door to ring the bell I suddenly heard someone singing Christmas carols. This Santa would sing carols every time somebody would walk to the door and it was the coolest thing I've seen this season. The woman said it cost her $5 at Walgreen's when she bought it about 3 years ago.

Other than working these last few days before the holiday, there isn't much exciting news from here. We hope everybody is ready for Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment