Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wrapping Up Our Time Off

Time off always seems too short. Even though most of our time was spent hangin' out at home, it seems like we just stopped working from our long week last week.

Yesterday we did some stuff around the apartment in the morning - I did more shredding and Josie did some cleaning - and then we went to the 5th wheel to pick up some books and other miscellaneous food from our pantry. We then went to the Outlet Mall in Carlsbad to exchange Josie's socks and we had lunch at Ruby's again which is becoming one of our favorite spots to eat when we go out. We watched more of our favorite shows in the afternoon that we taped last week and that's about it.

We get our first taste of working with the new co-management couple today, beginning at 11 AM. Keith and Melissa have been training with Charlie and Terri the last 2 days while we have been off. The big thing for me is to see how this is going to work with 6 people in our fairly small office. First of all, there are only 2 computers which has been a problem since we started even with just the 4 of us. Couple that with only having 4 chairs and we have a problem. How do we all sit at the table in the dining room that is for 4 people? Hang on for that review in tomorrow's blog.

This morning I have another appointment with my Audiologist to do more "tweaking" of my new hearing aids. So far, even with all the tweaking we've done so far the performance has been disappointing. I still have problems in noisy situations - the office and dining room - and I still can't get the right combination for the telephone. I will talk to the Audiologist about options, which may even include downsizing these new hearing aids since the money I spent for these isn't giving me the return I expected. She won't be happy to hear that this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment