Thursday, March 22, 2012

Just Another Day

Our conference call went as usual yesterday - mostly wasted time for all 12 Communities that took part. For us, we weren't bothered by the other four managers until they arrived before the call began at 11 AM. We left to do the dinner service at 12 noon even before the call ended. The other co-manager couple went and did competitor community calls - 3 of them - which took them away from here the whole day. It was a boon-doggle that upset me at the time when I heard they were going to do that. We did the same thing during our training class in OR when we had to do it on our day off. Essentially, they got a day off right in the middle of the work week to do those calls which left me to do over 30 phone calls myself - me, the person who has the most trouble using the phone because of my hearing loss.

We break up the required phone calls between the Sales Leader who handles all the hot and warm leads, and the co-managers (myself and Missy from the other couple) to handle the cold leads. There are always many more cold leads to call than the others. I was also assigned to call all of the lost leads over the past year of which there are 366. Now tell me, why would you assign the bulk of the phone work to the person with the weakest hearing? All I can do is the best I can, which I will do. I make all of my calls from our apartment where I can have complete quiet, so that helps. Josie still has to suffer with the "gang" in the office while I do that, so she has a lot to handle.

Our day begins at 11 AM today and starts our 2 1/2 day stretch of non-stop duty, including the ecall responsibility for each of the next 3 nights. Our paycheck was deposited into our account yesterday and that is what keeps us going. We finally started receiving some bonus money from move-ins, even though the bonus is slightly less this year than last. The beat goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment