Wednesday, March 28, 2012

End of Month Push

Our month end push for sales resulted in Charlie and Terri taking today and tomorrow off so they can be working the last 2 days of this month (Friday and Saturday) which would be their normal days off. That means that Keith and Missy, the other couple, will be working with us for these next 2 days. We are having a hard time warming up to this couple because they came in here on their first day a couple weeks ago acting like they knew everything and it hasn't changed. We actually only work a few overlap hours with them as a result of the daily split in hours, as the schedule is laid out. They don't come in until 11 AM this morning, and we leave at 3 PM today. Add a meal in the middle of those hours and it's not a lot of time together.


My appointment with the Audiologist yesterday was interesting. When I informed her that I was considering downgrading my hearing aids because I was disappointed in the performance improvement with mine, she shuddered. That would have meant that she would have to refund some of the cash she received from me. She went on to describe that they are now affiliated with Newport Audiology, a huge company and the one I purchased my previous hearing aids from, and they have a much better discount structure as a result of their size. She said she thought she could get my hearing aids upgraded to the top of the line hearing aids without laying out any more money. That sounds like it would be worth a try. If the top of the line hearing aids don't show a better performance, I'll have to adjust and make other decisions regarding my work in certain environments.

The pressure is mounting for our final days this month. We are short of our projected move-ins for the month so the micro-management of our community heats up. That means that the regional sales managers will be in our faces all day long wasting time with conference calls and emails telling us what we need to do to get somebody to sign. It comes with the territory, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment