Thursday, February 12, 2015

You Can Leave Now

That's the message I have for this cold that just seems to want to hang around. When I was a smoker - before quitting 16 years ago - I had a good reason to expect a cold to hang on. I have gone through a couple boxes of Theraflu along with Josie who appears to have some improvement in her battle. I had to go to work yesterday at 3:30 PM and it was a struggle to make it through my shift that ended at 8:30 last night. Most of the medications only provide about a 6 hour period of relief, but I have been feeling the loss of the impact of the medicine after about 4 hours. I guess I'll just have to hang in there as there really is no other option.

I have a busy day scheduled today with a trip to Surprise to pick up our final Super Bowl checks at the stadium, deposit them and get a haircut while I am there. I will also gas up the new vehicle for the first time and I am anxious to see the gas mileage we are getting so far. Josie has been mostly traveling the city streets as I-17 is almost always backed up, so the mileage should be accurate for a "normal" commute for her. The tank is only 15+ gallons, so even though we will fill it as usual about once a week, the total gas should be less as the Jeep has an 18+ gallon tank. Both of those gas tanks together don't match the truck's main tank of 38 gallons and I had an auxiliary tank on the trunk of 50 gallons to make a total capacity of 88 gallons. I didn't fill both tanks very often.

The schedules from work are posted on both a board in the break room and online where any Associate can see his schedule. It turns out that the two schedules rarely match and I find myself calling the warehouse to confirm my working schedule. Yesterday was one of those days that I was not scheduled to work according to the online schedule, but the in-house schedule did have me scheduled. Sheesh! I thought I was suppose to work today. Instead, I'll enjoy this day off to continue the recovery process...

No comments:

Post a Comment