Thursday, February 26, 2015

Consolidation

There are several monthly expenses that will disappear when we move into the house - storage, mail forwarding fees, RV travel expenses and site fees. Other expenses will be cut dramatically - namely, our gas bill since we now have two economical vehicles. Of course there will be new expenses associated with the home, but I'm trying to consolidate our expenses as much as possible. Yesterday, I took the first steps to consolidating our car payments. The Credit Union (TruWest) that is financing our new Ford Escape has a much better rate than the company handling our Jeep that we purchased last year. They will consolidate our loans at one location and we get a terrific rate on both that saves a lot of money each month. We will also consolidate our insurance once we get into the home.

Speaking of the new car, we will take it back to Bill Luke this morning to have the scratch properly repaired. I hope that I have the same, positive experience I had last week and can get in and out without any long waiting periods. We will have another free rental for the use during the day and I will return it this evening when I pick up our car. This time, we are taking only the one car and I will drop Josie at work on the way in, and pick her up at work at the end of the day on the way home.

If I get a chance, I will stop by the house and get an update on construction progress. Hopefully, they can begin framing, assuming all of the inspections on the slab are completed...

No comments:

Post a Comment