Sunday, February 15, 2015

Busy Valentine's Day

It has changed for Josie on Valentine's Day which is normally a whirlwind, super long day. It was very busy all right, but she was off work by 5:30 PM. The entire week leading up to the big day yesterday was filled with mostly days of normal hours except for a couple days where she worked, maybe two extra hours. That is a far cry from Valentine's Days of old where she would work 20 hour days. The times have changed.

I would have probably worked as a driver on the last two days if I felt better. It was a challenge for me to get through the one day I worked at Sam's Club - Thursday - and I would have had a hard time working in the frenzied environment at the shop and delivering flowers. I am beginning to see improvement and I must say, it has been a long time since any cold took this much out of me. It probably was a combination of being run down from the heavy Super Bowl schedule and not eating properly.

Josie goes into work today from 9 to 1 PM to handle late orders and probably any returns and swap-outs from yesterday. She can then look forward to a normal schedule until probably Easter and definitely Mother's Day. There are lots of things we need to accomplish during that time. Starting with my doing the taxes. There are other activities that are heating up and we will deal with those as we go along...

No comments:

Post a Comment