Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Cold Process

There is a saying that my mother used to use regarding colds - it takes 3 days to get it, 3 days to have it, and 3 days to get rid of it. I think that I am in the middle 3 days as it doesn't seem to want to go away. In fact, it doesn't want to improve that much either. Josie is probably a couple days ahead of me as she is beginning to feel better and sounds a lot better than I do.

Josie had her first experience driving the new vehicle to work yesterday and the verdict is good. She loves driving it and it looks like it will be a winner for us as far as comfort and economy. I heard from the new owner's credit union yesterday and the funds should arrive today to complete the deal.

As I wasn't feeling real spry yesterday, I spent a good part of the afternoon outside reading another book. While sitting in our gazebo on this beautiful day, I heard, and then spotted , this power glider that at first seemed like he was going to land right here at the resort:


Just as he got overhead, he veered to his left and went on to probably land at the small glider airport down the road from us:


I haven't seen too many of those this year so it was nice to finally get a view of one.

It's more nursing of the cold today and attempting to get rid of the congestion and soreness. This has probably hit me at a better time than Josie's hit her. She has to deal with the long days working while trying to handle the symptoms. Maybe today will be the turning point and we can both be in the final 3 day period and get rid of this nonsense...

No comments:

Post a Comment