Saturday, February 7, 2015

Found The Car

I waited around for the FedEx package to arrive yesterday morning that contained the final paperwork for the truck sale. It arrived at 11 AM and I contacted Josie at work to inform her that I was on my way down to see her so that we could take the papers to the bank to have our signatures notarized. Prior to that, I had finalized our financing for the replacement vehicle through our credit union at SunWest in Phoenix.

Josie and I went to the B of A around the corner from her shop and wrapped up all of the signing and notarizing. The paperwork included a guarantee from the buyer's credit union that the funds would be overnighted as soon as the paperwork was received. I dropped Josie off back at work, went to the local FedEx office to send the package, and then went to Bill Luke Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge in town who is probably one of, if not the largest, dealer in town. He had many vehicles that would satisfy our criteria, so that's where I went. I arrived there at about 1 PM and didn't leave until after 5:30 PM. After looking at probably 8 or 10 quality used cars, I selected a 2014 Ford Escape with 31K miles on it, drove it, and we negotiated a final price that came within $750 of my target price. I also changed to the dealer financing which was a better deal for us and knocked another $1K off of the purchase price. I will get some shots of the vehicle when we have some daylight.

The new owner of the truck called during the day and is scheduled to pick up the truck this morning. I ordinarily wouldn't release the vehicle until the funds were deposited and cleared, but with the credit union guarantee and the amount of time I've spent communicating with him, feel confident that he is a nice, honest individual. He is in the same boat that we were in as he is left with only one vehicle until he gets the truck.

We have gone full circle now with the sale of the truck and the replacement vehicle. I hope we aren't sorry we made this decision, but I know that 30 mpg on our second vehicle will pay much better dividends than the 12 mpg we were getting on the highway with the more expensive diesel fuel and the truck. I will miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment