Thursday, February 5, 2015

Running Around

I spent the entire day running around while Josie was at work. I had to pick up the title to the truck which was at our credit union at a (near) downtown location and then had to go to the MVD (Motor Vehicle Department) to get a temporary plate for the truck. The Florida registration expired on my birthday, and I couldn't renew it in Florida because I have Arizona insurance now. I certainly was not going to pay for a full year's registration in AZ and get an emissions test when I only expect to have the truck for another 30 days, at best. I waited 2 1/2 hours at the MVD to pick up a 3 day temporary tag which I discovered I could have printed out at home for a dollar. The next stop was to fax the title to the credit union of the new buyer. In between all of this, I was in communication with Wholesale Warranties to cancel the truck extended warranty and get a refund from them. That was finally wrapped up by 4 PM. Once the paperwork is complete, the new truck owner will take possession and we will get our money.

The truck will have to be replaced with an economical, smaller vehicle that we can use as a commuting vehicle. Each of us has the need for an economical car for our jobs. It won't be a brand new vehicle, but we hope to get one that will give us at least 30 mpg and have low miles. Probably a 2012 to 2014 model of something. The research for that vehicle starts today.

I received a call from Aramark asking about my availability for February and March. We have already, tentatively, agreed to work during Spring Training if we can get into the merchandising area so that we don't have to do the concessions again for a third year. We are waiting on that response.

Other than that, it's just a plain, busy time for both of us. Josie has the day off today to go to the Doctor's office to have her painful foot checked, so we will be out and about again...

No comments:

Post a Comment