Friday, February 13, 2015

Early Results

If the first tankful of gas is any indication, the new Ford Escape should do what we expected. While out picking up our final paychecks from Aramark for our Super Bowl work, I filled the tank at Sam's Club. It only took 10.7 gallons after the full first week of use and that translated to 25.6 mpg. That was done mostly on side roads and city streets, so it will only get better. We weren't sure how accurate the tank gauge would be, so we filled it with a quarter of a tank still showing. It cost a total of $21.50 to fill.

For some reason, the cold symptoms seem to get better during the day, and get worse during the night. Every morning I feel like I just came through a thrashing and I know it isn't the medication. I'm taking the same thing before bedtime and during the night that I take during the day. Go figure. At any rate, it is a very slow process of improving. I expect to wake up any day now and feel cured.

While picking up our mail at the office yesterday on my way home, I also grabbed a new rate sheet for the resort. They have raised the rates again - for the second consecutive year - and it is getting more and more difficult to justify the annual rate. Last year it went up 15%, and this year another 5%. Unfortunately, many folks will not swallow the increases and will move on. We will most likely call this our final year here also. Wait for further word on what our plans for the next year and foreseeable future hold for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment